Days of the Komi republic in Syktyvkar in Aug. 2011: Digest of the most interesting events.
* * *
Fotoalbums of some events:
· Shondiban Holiday - Festive start concert,
· Shondiban Holiday - Concert of the Komi regions,
· Shondiban Holiday - Festival of the yards of the Komi regions,
· Shondiban Holiday - Festival of the yards of the Finno-ugric regions,
· Festive concert at the Syktyvkar central square on August 21,
· "People's Style" Fashion show parade of the Finno-ugric traditions,
· Georgievskaya Trade Fair 2011,
· "Multi-Coloured Children's World" Contest of the children's drawings,
· "Jurgan" Folk group concert,
· Spontaneous episodes: Street performance of the drummers, Patriotic graffiti.
* The "Shondiban" is the most famous and important Komi Zyrians national traditional holiday. The name "Shondiban" originally means the meeting of the Sun, when a cold winter is over. Traditionally it was the most celebrated holiday in Komi. The name carries the symbol of the circle also, and the circle at the same time has the meanings of the Sun, of the year, a circle of friendly people, a smile at a face and others. The most known dance is called "Shondiban" too.
Nowdays there is a tendency to call "Shondiban" another Komi great celebrations also.
* Take a look at the "Lud" celebration in 2011 to see the main Komi Izhvatas traditional holiday.